The department is in the process of establishing a fellowship position for those with an interest in clinical leadership roles.
This will be a unique fellowship experience and is aimed at those who have an interest in department and/or wider hospital governance and management. There would still be a clinical component to the fellowship year. Expected duties would include
- 2 days/week clinical anaesthesia
- 3 days/week leadership related activites (including non-clinical time)
- participation in after-hours shifts on RMO or fellow roster
The leadership components of the year could be individually tailored to a successful candidate's interests. Options potentially include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with day to day management of the department
- Attachment 1 day/week to Chief Medical Officer's (CMO) office with involvement in projects as agreed with CMO.
- Exposure to some of the operational and governance activities and meetings within the DHB
It would be expected that the fellow would undertake some form of post-graduate study. Suggestions include those offered by
- Post-graduate courses at University of Waikato School of Management
- Midland Leadership Program